01 April 2007

my heroes

it's time for me to get away from whining for a moment and, instead, give thanks.

why? because in the midst of all the hardship this year, my "sisters" in the class of 2010 have helped me tremendously. they've shared study tips and notes. they've made me laugh. they've taught me: about medicine, life, and the world at large. they've hugged me when i cried. they've made me feel useful and important. they've fed me. they've listened. they've spoken. and, bottom line, they've been incredible friends throughout what has been a very difficult and trying year for all of us.

why mention them here? you might ask. because these women, these fine, intelligent, sensitive, and strong women are not only my sisters, but your future doctors. and what outstanding physicians they will be! not because of training, book-smarts, or any of that--but, more importantly, because of their generous hearts.

my thoughts are with you, my friends. may you be able to access even the least learned fact and nail those damned exams! :-)

No comments:

a little disclaimer...

i'm a medical student. just a student. so please, don't take anything i say too seriously. remember that i was an english literature major as an undergrad, so there is much fiction to be found in these pages. do you think i'm telling a story about you or your illness? more likely, you're tapping into my sense of "everyman"--that is, your story resonates with what i write here because it's not so uncommon after all. need help? please, please go see your physician. <--i'm not her. yet. ;-)