09 April 2007

medical education reform

In the midst of my sleepless nights, I've been reading medical blogs. There are some incredible students, residents, and physicians out there capturing life on the front lines. Hearing their stories reminds me that I am not alone in my struggles, that my opinions on medicine and medical education are not as outlandish as I'd thought, and gives me hope that there just may be a community of healthcare providers out there who are eager to initiate change.

Tonight I read such a great post on "learning the hard way" that I decided was too important not to pass along. In it, Dr. J. makes eloquent observations about the current state of medical education.

I may soon have to start one of these "blogrolls," and link to these sites, because I have a feeling there are some bloggers out there who are well worth highlighting. Dr. J.'s site, though, is my spot of the day. I hope you appreciate his comments as much as I do.

2 comments:

Dr. J. said...

Thanks for the link Dr. Blaze! I'm always suprised anyone reads my ramblings, but glad you are enjoying them!
Cheers,
Dr. J.

student dr. blaze said...

you've got great "ramblings"! what a fascinating journey, to be in that part of the world, practicing medicine! i'm glad you're sharing your stories and your opinions. not to mention, perhaps the more we speak up, the greater the possibility for facilitating change. :-)

a little disclaimer...

i'm a medical student. just a student. so please, don't take anything i say too seriously. remember that i was an english literature major as an undergrad, so there is much fiction to be found in these pages. do you think i'm telling a story about you or your illness? more likely, you're tapping into my sense of "everyman"--that is, your story resonates with what i write here because it's not so uncommon after all. need help? please, please go see your physician. <--i'm not her. yet. ;-)